So apparently the Super Bowl is happening soon. I know this because I received a Super Bowl party invitation. Every year my friend and her husband invite dozens of people over for a huge Super Bowl party. They eat, drink and watch the game. Every year I send my regrets – “Sorry, I’m unable to attend. Have fun!”
The Super Bowl Stinks
My friends are huge Super Bowl fans. Not me. I don’t like football…at all. It’s long and it’s boring. I don’t even know who’s playing, and to be honest, I really don’t care. But, I know not everyone feels the same as I do. That’s clearly obvious by the ratings it gets. And of course the ridiculous amounts of money corporations are willing to spend to advertise during Super Bowl commercials – precisely because of such high ratings.
The Super Bowl’s Great
Trying to look on the bright side of things, there is one thing I can appreciate about the Super Bowl – the creative, innovative and let’s face it, sometimes down right delicious football-themed crafts and treats it inspires people to make. I did a little research this week, and here are my top 5 football-inspired crafts and snacks.
Do you have a favourite football-themed craft or treat?
Top 5 Football-Inspired Crafts
1. Crochet Football Baby Hat – a simple crocheted hat for your little one!
2. DIY Football Coasters – easy to make and easy to personalize!
3. Knit Football Cocoon and Hat – not quite aerodynamic, but so adorable!
4. Plastic Canvas Football Helmet Tissue Box – a definite conversation piece!
5. Crochet Football Helmet Beanie – fun play accessory for toddlers!
Top 5 Football-Inspired Snacks
1. Chocolate Strawberry Footballs – ooohhh, I love chocolate covered strawberries!
2. Almond Footballs & Macadamia Football Helmets – almost too good to eat!
3. Football Bites – a quick snack for the kiddies!
4. Madeira Mushroom Football Tart – a yummy mushroom dish in a football-shaped pastry!
5. Chocolate-Nutty Rice Krispie Footballs – another great treat for the kids!