Since April Fool’s Day (April 1st) is almost here I’ve decided to share a few jokes and some DIY pranks. My disclaimer is that if you try any of these pranks at home, I’m not responsible for the repercussions! I don’t want any angry emails from victims of pranks…but, do send photos! Ha ha!
The History of April Fool’s Day
April Fools’ Day is celebrated on April 1st, in many different countries around the world. Sometimes it’s referred to as All Fools’ Day. April 1st is widely recognized and celebrated as a day when people play all kinds of funny pranks, hoaxes, and other practical jokes of varying degrees on family and friends.
1. How did the knitter knit a suit of armor?
Answer: She used steel wool
2. What did a scientist get when he crossed a sheep with a porcupine?
Answer: He got an animal that knits its own sweaters.
3. A policeman spots a woman driving and knitting at the same time.
Driving up beside her, he shouts out the window……”Pullover”!!
“No,” she shouts back, “a pair of socks!”
1. What do you call a bunch of crocheters working by the side of the road?
Answer: A chain gang!
2. What did the little crocheter dress up as for Halloween?
Answer: Captain Hook, of course!
3. What happened to the cat who ate a ball of yarn?
Answer: She had mittens!
Here are a few April Fool’s pranks for family, friends and even co-workers. Happy pranking!
1. Caramel onions and apples – A prank will go something like this – Unsuspecting victim: “Hey, I love caramel apples! Uh, wait a minute…this doesn’t taste like an apple….ewwww…spit it out! Gross!” – You: laughing so hard the glass of milk you were drinking will start pouring out your nose!
2. Foiled Again – This one is easy and can be done anywhere, in any room, at home or work. All you need is a roll (or more) of tinfoil. Go crazy with the tinfoil, but remember to recycle it when you’re done!
3. Pre-sliced Banana – This is a great trick for kids and a healthy snack! They’ll think you’re so cool and have “magical powers!”
4. Pretend Parking Ticket – Print out this fake parking ticket and leave it on your friend or colleague’s windshield.
5. Faked Potato – Here’s another family-friendly prank, fake baked potatoes. When your family sits down for dinner you can all have a laugh together!
Have a favourite prank or practical joke? Don’t forget to share photos of your April Fool’s Day gags!